Advanced SystemCare, a popular system optimization software from Iobit now includes Antivirus engine. Till now Advanced SystemCare has a security module but it is kind of on-demand scanner, that removes the malware in case your PC is infected. But, now ASC is going to have its own full fledged antivirus module providing all round protection and here in this article we share our views and expectations on it.
Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2012 is now in beta stage and has all of the PRO features of ASC5 PRO. Prior to installation please remove your current security tool if you want to have Real Time protection ON. If not you can install Advanced SystemCare With Antivirus in compatibility mode (like Avast) so that you can continue using your desired Antivirus. As you can see from the interface you have the new Antivirus Button alongside with already known Advanced SystemCare utilities.
Antivirus offers the following options :
- Quick Scan.
- Full Scan.
- Custom Scan (Choose directory to scan)
Once you click on Settings you can configure the Antivirus engine behavior as you wish.
- General Settings: Remove threats (Quarantine threats when removing them, on/off) and Scheduled scan.
- Scan Settings: Action on detection (Fix found threats automatically, Notify the user to fix found threats). Scan files (Skip files larger than, Maximum recursion depth, Scan executable files and documents files only).
- Protect:Protect status (Real-time protection, on/off), Action on detection, Protect level:
- Low Level: Protect executable files only.
- Medium Level: Protect executable files, DLL files, document files and compressed files.
- High Level: Protect all files.
- Whitelist: The items will be skipped in real-time protection and when you perform a scan.
- Quarantine: Backup removed files: You cannot access quarantined files directly unless you restore them. Delete, Restore, Change Quarantine directory.
- Log: Create a log when there is an action on detection. View log, Delete, Delete all, Specify the quantity of backup logs.
- Silent Mode. On/Off, Turn on Silent Mode automatically when a full-screen task is detected. Description of Silent Mode:
- Change protect level to low level
- Deny access automatically without notification when a threat is detected.
- Cancel update service automatically
- Cancel scheduled scan automatically
The Quick Scan is fast and consumes less memory than the Full Scan which can take some time depending on the size of the hard drive.
I ran a test on some malware samples, so, first I shut down the real time protection extracted the archive and did a scan using the right click function. 3564 objects were scanned and 3533 Detections was scored and were quarantined as action. To delete infected items, go to the Quarantine inspect the files and see if there are any false positives.
The second approach was in the presence of real time protection. Extracting the rar archive file containing malware samples prompted Antivirus to take action through pop-up messages on the right bottom corner of Windows desktop inviting the user to take decision such as: Remove threats, Deny access, Add to whitelist.
Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus, can also monitor USB ports and invites you to scan through a pop up message when USB drive is connected to Windows computer, preventing malware propagation from these ports.
Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus is relatively new on the market but has all the experience acquired through other smaller engines that were equipped with the software that we used them supplied by Iobit and are known on the market. I noticed that the engine was consuming more memory than I wished. As you can see from this experience threats were detected and actions were taken, this can give some confidence in installing this beta and taking the journey to the upcoming evolved version. Download Advanced SystemCare With Antivirus beta from the link below.
Download : Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus